Monday, October 26, 2009

(click on the images to see the full size image. I didn't realize it was possible to do that before.)

I am trying to add start and stop dates to timelapse. I started by writing a simple pygtk program so I could look at the calendar widget and see what the calendar looks like by default. I posted a screenshot of that program above.

Next I looked at the timelapse.py code to figure out how I should add the start and stop times. I realized that I will probably want to use glade. I have never used glade so I installed glade and tried to figure out how to use it. I also glanced at a tutorial but didn't actually read any of it yet. I opened up Timelapse.glade and tried to figure out how to add a calendar into the program. It didn't work out quite how I wanted it to. Here is a screenshot.


I was trying to figure out how to add that calendar next to the collect data now button but I failed miserably.

After looking at glade I realized that it may be quite hard to do a popout calendar like we had planed. We may have to settle for a pop-up window or just cram the entire calendar in.

What I need to do now:
  • learn enuph glade and pygtk to create the gui part of the start and stop dates
  • add start and stop dates to gui
  • write code to start and stop recording at spicific times
  • link gui start and stop dates to code that starts and stops recording at specific times.
(I'm not quite finished with outside of class work. I'll do a little bit more this evening.)

No comments:

Post a Comment